Thursday, May 29, 2008

H-Town Is The Place To Be




Well, what an accomplishment for the city of Houston. According to Kiplinger's Personal Finance Houston tops the list as the best place to work, live and play! I can see the headlines in the Houston Chronicle now

"Houston, the Miami of Muddy Water."


Back to being serious, let's look at the list of other cities that were in the running. In second place is Raleigh, N.C., followed by Omaha, Neb.; Boise, Idaho; and Colorado Springs, Colo. In seventh place was Fayetteville, Ark.; followed by Sacramento, Calif.; Des Moines, Iowa; and Provo, Utah. Does that list surprise anyone else? Omaha, Nebraska... Des Moines, Fucking, Iowa. I mean really? Who is the "Kiplinger" guy?

I'm not trying to take anything away from Houston. What was funny is that both my brothers sent me an article about being #1 within 10 minutes of each other. Obviously they are proud to be Houstonians. I like it down there. It is a good time. It's just too damn hot for me. But hell, it's too damn cold here in the winter.

Congratulations Houston. Hopefully next year, you will be able to hold off Topeka, KS and Peculiar, MO to remain on top.

Till next time my friends. Keep it classy.

KH


No comments: